The Village referendum for the Clutton Neighbourhood plan will take place on Thursday 10th September.
You can review a summary of the 21 policies proposed by the Neighbourhood plan here: Neighbourhood plan policies
The submitted Neighbourhood Plan proposal and supporting documents can be viewed in full at http://www.cluttonneighbourhoodplan.info or at http://www.bathnes.gov.uk/neighbourhoodplanning.
Clutton Neighbourhood Plan Referendum on 10 September
- The Neighbourhood Plan has been compiled by a broad cross-section of residents and fully consulted on
- It has met all the “technical” planning requirements
- If more than 50% of those voting vote “Yes” it comes into legal force
- If less than 50% of those voting vote “No” current planning and financial arrangements stay unchanged
- Anyone who lives in Clutton and is on the Electoral Roll for local government elections can vote
- If you are not on the Electoral Roll you can apply to Electoral Registration Officer, Electoral Services, Bath & North East Somerset Council, Guildhall, High Street, Bath, BA1 5A, no later than Mon 24th Aug 2015
Why you should vote
Adopting the Neighbourhood Plan means:
- Our local priorities and policies have legal effect
- They have to be reflected in B&NES planning decisions
- More local control over where development takes place
- More local control over the type of development
- More local control over the design of development
- We can deal with issues not usually covered by larger plans, such as parking
- More funds (25% 0f the Community Infrastructure Levy paid by all developers) for the Parish Council to spend on improving the village
Not adopting the Neighbourhood Plan means:
- No change to the current status
- Only 15% pf the Community Infrastructure Levy to spend on improving the village
Don’t miss this opportunity to help decide how we shape our future.
Printed and published by Clutton Parish Council, 13 Maynard Terrace, Clutton, BS39 5PL
The Sports Hub will be popping up in Clutton on Monday 17th August, at the Leisure Area by the Scout Club and the Cabin. It will be open from 10am to 12noon and everyone is welcome to try out some fun activities.