Bath and North East Somerset Council are looking for community minded people to work in a very rewarding community role of school crossing patrol. If you would like to work outdoors, meet lots of people why not join the School Crossing Patrol Service?
Apply now to join one of our many school crossing patrol sites and provide an invaluable service to your community helping our children and adults walk to school. Alternatively, become a Casual School Crossing Patrol and be on call to support/cover our permanent Patrols in one or more school locations.
Salary: £13,715 – £14,075 pa, pro rata. The current pay rate is £7.11 – 7.29 per hour plus holiday pay and paid sickness, term time of 38 weeks per year. Job share applicants are welcome. Uniform and full training are provided.
You will need to be punctual, reliable and in line with the Council policy all successful applicants will be subject to medical and DBS clearance. You will also need good communication skills with both children and adults. With the flexibility of morning and/or afternoon shifts being available, we currently have permanent patrol vacancies at the following schools:
- Chandag Junior School, Keynsham (8:25 – 9:00 and 15:00 – 15:40 = 6:15 hours per week)
- Midsomer Norton Primary (8:25 – 8:55 and 15:00 – 15:35 = 5:25 hours per week)
- St Andrew’s CofE Primary School (8:30 – 9:10 and 15:10 – 15:40 = 5:50 hours per week)
- St Stephens Primary School (8:15 – 9:00 and 15:10 – 15:45 = 6:40 hours per week)
- Weston All Saints Primary School (8:25 – 9:00 and 15:15 – 15:45 = 5:50 hours per week)
- Whitchurch Primary School (8:30 – 9:05 and 15:10 –15:45 = 6:40 hours per week)
To apply for a permanent position of School Crossing Patrol, quote advert (ref: 13-50900).
To apply for a position of Casual School Crossing Patrol quote advert (ref: 13-50901).